* IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME HERE, I RECOMMEND READING THE VERY FIRST POST : CHAPTER ONE

Monday, April 12, 2010

From training wheels to training bras.. (Copy)




*I stole this whole post from my brother's blog because he took the words right out of my mouth. I wanted to keep a copy of this post for me to remember always. This was what he wrote.

My lil sister turned 17 last week and had a big-little party at the house with a bunch of friends.

It was such a weird thing to me, to see my sister in make up, all dressed up, socializing with friends. Cant lie, I got a lil nervous when she said she was gonna have boy-friends come over. lol

I couldnt even look at my sister after she put her make up on. Everytime she spoke to me, I turned away. She thought that that I thought she was ugly or something. It wasnt that, its just that I wasnt ready to accept her as a woman yet. In my mind, she’s still that little baby who used to waddle in her diapers and used to show me everything that she just found so that I could say it was cool so she could smile and be proud of herself. lol. Sounds stupid of me, but thats really how I see my sister.

Im 8 years older than her and used to throw out her baby poo diapers, my brother and I used to put her to sleep and watch Barney with her. We walked her to school and taught her how to play video games, we sang Britney Spears songs together on our old school Sony HandyCam. We took her for bike rides and ate junk food with her while talking about which Sailor Scout was our favorite. I remember when she was 3 or 4…I remember saying that I wish we could both stay in this time forever, young and innocent, naive and pure.

As we got older things started to change. My mom and her father divorced, my brother moved out, I moved out…and she moved in with her dad. When it rains, it pours around here.

Its amazing how much more complicated things get as we get older and how much our lives change because of the decisions of those around us. Im not mad at it, because these things are supposed to happen to make us who we are, Im just saying. Its always simple in the beginning. Always.

As the three of us got older, my brother started becoming the good cop while I became the bad cop. My brother became the one she could always turn to for advice and acceptance, while I became the discipline and the hard ass. But I think all in all, it worked out for the best. Balance is always good.

Its so crazy that my sister celebrated her 17th birthday. Next thing you know she’ll be introducing me to boyfriends, coming home late, clubbing and what not, off to university…before I know it, she’ll probably be engaged, move out, get married, have kids…lol…*sigh…where does the time go?

It was funny, my brother Mike came into the living room where my sister and all her friends were and he was like ‘Yo, my brother and I are nice enough to let y’all party with my sister on her birthday, but for real, if any of you guys start acting up, my brother and I have no problems kicking someone’s ass. Im serious.”

lmao.

While Mike says that, Im sitting in the kitchen with Julie laughing so loudly that it was almost a bit scary. lol

Man, my sister had it good. When I turned 17…I dont even remember what happened when I turned 17…wow…how depressing?

My parents stayed in their room the whole night so it was my brother, mine’s and Julie’s responsibility to make sure none of these kids went insane. I remember sitting in the kitchen hearing everyone singing and dancing in the living room with the lights off. I can imagine everyone by my sister’s locker on Monday morning telling her how much fun they had. lol.

I had to go to work that night, so my brother and Julie stayed, but then my brother had to leave, so it was only Julie looking after my sister and her friends. So shout outs to her for doing all that.

And shout outs to whoever told my sister “OMG! You’re brothers look so scary! They look like they’re from Tokyo Drift!” lmfaoooo!!!

And to my sister, Im so proud of the woman you’re becoming and the decisions you’ve made thus far. My hat goes off to you for being all that you are despite the obstacles that you’ve had to overcome. It breaks my heart to see you grow up so fast, but no matter how old you get, you’ll always be my baby sister.

Ill love you always

No comments:

Post a Comment