* IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME HERE, I RECOMMEND READING THE VERY FIRST POST : CHAPTER ONE

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another 6 weeks of winter

Luckily for me, I wasn't out in the cold too much today. I like seeing the snow fall but not a big fan of the cold. Spent most of my day at work yet again lol. Surprisingly went by quite fast which was nice. Kept myself busy with re-arranging the presentation displays for watches. Today I notice a lot of more casually dressed down type of people. (Cause I do get alot of people dressed in business suits and attire, the occasional iced out thug, old lady's decked out in furs that look like a very warm blanket lmao. etc) One thing I thought about was a lot of these people weren't very wealthy people and yet to continue to purchase useless yet expensive items on themselves. Now don't get me wrong, I love to shop and buy nice clothes, gear, etc. But sometimes I wonder how much of this desire was bound to me by media, and society's influence. Did you know.. to the naked human eye you cannot tell the difference between a cubic zirconia and a diamond? Its nearly impossible unless you were trained for years as a licensed gemologist. And yet we put this inflated value on this piece of rock and tell people it's more expensive because it's more rare or whatever. Makes you wonder if it's all really worth it. Like how we've come to purchase clothing alot of times based upon brand name. Two polo shirts side by side. One has no logo and is $5-$10 (or even less!) and the other has a crocodile on it and becomes $75. Now sometimes material and quality do play their part, but we all know that's not the case most of the time. Then the worse part I realized is a lot of us taken a lot of the things we buy or obtain in life for granted. We're always so busy running around like time is short and continue to strive for more things we probably don't need. But that's not the main point of this. The main point is as I grow older and see my friends and families around me. I see that a lot of us go through life forgetting to appreciate all the little things or even sometimes the big things we have gotten and things we have desired. If you stop and think for a minute, I'm sure if you just take a look around your room, you will see things that you used to want so badly.. and now it just sits on the drawer collecting dust. And when it comes time to giving it away or throwing it out.. we feel down because yu never know what yu have until its gone. I learned this valuable lesson a lot of times and I'm nowhere near perfect because I still don't always follow my own advice. But to be able to remind myself from time to time about these life lessons. The more I will conform to it. Life is valuable and its okay to want better things and try to achieve success and wealth. But in order for us to see more of our desires, we sometimes need to stop and give thanks and appreciation for all the other wanted things that we have worked so hard for to have today. Maybe it's that new computer or laptop you got. maybe its a new car. maybe its that new outfit you got. a new cell phone. whatever. by thinking about these desired items we've obtained, feels good. it puts you in a very positive emotional state which will pave the way to more of what you want. but that still doesn't go without saying that yu don't have to earn it still lol. if yu can work hard and enjoy life.. life will give you what you ask for. no exceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment