* IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME HERE, I RECOMMEND READING THE VERY FIRST POST : CHAPTER ONE

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Movie Review : Ninja Assassin



So I watched Ninja Assassin yesturday for the first time. I know this movie has been out for awhile now but I never got a chance to see it. I heard all this talk about how action packed and brutal it is so it really had me interested in seeing the movie.

The movie is basically about an orphan who was raised to become a ninja assassin. He then realizes that killing people wasn't his thing and turned his back against his clan. He then becomes a target and starts fighting against the clan of ninja assassins. I'm not going to get too much into the story as I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

The movie is so graphic. Definitely one of the most graphic action movies I have ever seen. Everytime I thought the action scene was going to end, it only kept going. The storyline is your basic type that includes action, betrayal, love etc. There were two asian guys from the fast and furious series and boy their acting was horrible. I wasn't very impressed with the acting skills in this movie but the action was intense. It only continued to get more and more graphic.

I also started to realize why people always say the power of love is unmatched by anything else. Now your probably sitting there like what is he talking about, this movie isn't a romantic one. True, but haven't you ever noticed how whenever the hero is dying or in pain. All it always takes is that sentimental moment with his lover, and a kiss or tear drop. From there the man turns like super sayain (if you don't watch dragon ball z, it basically means like turning into super form) and he wakes up and starts kicking ass again. Hahaha it always happens like that. Damn I hope next time I'm in pain there will be a girl ready to kiss me in the rain and with a piano'd theme music playing in the backround to revive me. lol

Anyways, if you like action movies especially for the action scenes and not the story, this is definitely a must watch. I would only assume the main consumer market that was targeted for this movie is definitely men lol.

My Rating:
4/5 Stars
+ Action-packed!
+ Very uncensored graphic combat
+ Creative action scenes
- Poor acting
- Basic storyline

No comments:

Post a Comment